Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Practice Run

There are only a few things about Christmastime that I love more than pics of little crying babies with Santa. Yes, I said it and I know it's horrible but it's true.. I think they're amazing! And I think the whole thing is a great illustration of the dichotomy between what we want our kids to want and what they actually want. I've been toying with this thought a lot lately as I walk the line between how I want Q to be (a good eater, sleeps peacefully through the night) and what he actually wants... Cuddles before bed and a snack at 2:00 am. I know that this is only going to become more and more poignant as Q gets little opinions of his own and wants to wear shirts with Disney animals instead of the Vinyard Vines threads we're gunna want to deck him out in or decides to roam around the world before finding a respectable career.... My only hope is that I'm always able to remind myself to let him be him. 

Anyways, back to the point....

Of course, because I want a teary Santa pic, I get a happy one... Q was all about Santa on Sunday and of course I'd much rather see him smile so I'll take it! I also get some solace in the fact that this was only a practice run and we've got another shot when we find the real Santa this weekend! 


And just for fun....

How you doin'?


No comments:

Post a Comment