Wednesday, April 9, 2014

10 Months!!

We're 10 months into this amazing journey called Q's life and I am a different person because of him. Not because I'm a mom now (well, that too I'm sure) but because of who this little Q is. It truly amazes me how so much can change in such a short amount of time yet somehow it feels like nothing's changed at all and Q has always been here. There is no doubt that he is his own person. I  am constantly asking myself "where did he get that from?" and "why in the world did he just do that?" He is a hilarious little being, so confident that it scares the crap out of me and so so so loving. No matter what I do, there is never enough time with this little guy. I want every second to freeze and at the same time, I can't wait for him to grow so I can learn more about him. 

Here's what he's up to these days...

He kisses... A lot! The best part is that you never get just one kiss. Once he decides he wants to share a kiss, there are always more to come. He kisses me, daddy and Luc as well as many of his toys and babies in his books. My favorite is when he kisses himself in the mirror. He loves mirrors and finds himself irresistible so this happens ALL DAY LONG.

He claps... He usually looks at his hands first to ensure they will actually meet when he brings them together. He always  has the biggest, proudest smile when he is clapping away.

He says Hi, Bye and Mom. Sometimes Mama but mostly Mom. It seriously sounds like a 10 year old saying it because it is so affirmative. He now calls for me in the middle of the night, he doesn't cry but calmly calls for me over and over until I get there. It's almost always for a good reason but Pk3 will tell you that I'll make pretty much any excuse to climb into his crib with him and give him a cuddle. I am very quick to use the "what? I don't get to see him that much" excuse and plan on doing this for quite awhile.

He goes down water slides (on our laps) and isn't afraid, he loves to swing and play in the water. He loves to eat sand and still always has something in his hand... It was an empty bottle this morning.

He has no teeth, sleeps through most nights (much to my dismay) and prefers our food over baby food any day.

He can hold his own bottle but prefers someone do it for him so his hands are free to play with his ears or hair.

He still shrieks and laughs pretty much any time he is on the move. 

He will pull himself up to stand but seems very far from taking any steps.

Points constantly. Scratches everything still. 

Loves to be held and to sit on our laps. 

Here's the little dude on his big day


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making it to 5/6ths.
    That's almost a whole 1. Love ya buddy.

    ReplyDelete