Monday, May 2, 2016

Conversations with a Two Year Old

Every night before he goes to sleep, Q wants to "talk" to me. I jokingly call it his therapy session. We've been doing it since before he could talk so now as soon as we lie down he just opens up and starts gabbing. He likes to tell me about his day but lately he's been all about the questions. Here's a snapshot of what tonight's chat consisted of... Keep in mind, this was all one night. And he's TWO!

"What kinds of doctors are there?" I named as many as I could think of... Almost every doctor led to follow up questions like "why do feet need doctors?" 

"Why does your tummy make noise? What is it doing? Does my tummy make noise? What was that word you said before? No the other one.. Ya, chemicals. What is chemicals? Do I have chemicals? Do boobies make noise?"

"Does chocolate milk have sugar? Why doesn't white milk have sugar? Why don't i drink white milk? Will the baby drink chocolate milk? I just want to have two little holes in my teeth ok?"

"How did you get babies in your tummy? Was the baby in there with me? Is the baby (he means Isla) going to be a mommy or a daddy? Did Corduroy come from a doggy tummy? I don't want the baby to grow up."

"Is Kenna a boy or a girl? Who are her friends? Why is Her slide so fast? Are we going to go to her house again? Will it be hot or cold?"

"Why do they put the lemonade inside in the winter on Catalina Island? What else do they have there? Did you go with me to get lemonade or Daddy? Is there water there?"

"Why did you marry? Is Daddy marry? Who is the baby marry to? I want 5 more babies. I don't want to be marry"

No comments:

Post a Comment