Monday, August 26, 2013

Is It Weird?

That I find that I remind myself that you're a teeny tiney baby? It's 3:30 am and I'm rocking you back to sleep after an exceptionally exciting diaper change. An odd thought crosses my mind and I realize it's not the first time I've felt this way... you don't seem like a baby to me right now. In my sleepy state I try and figure out why this is and it becomes clear in an instant... it's  because you already have so much personality and character. I always (very wrongly) thought that babies were impressionable little blobs at this stage but you are so so so far from that. You are a little unique You, already Q in so many ways, you cant possibly be just a baby. But you are, at least for a little longer so I'm going to cuddle you a little extra tonight and savor every last baby moment I can. 
         ...It doesn't hurt that you have big, chubby hands and long feet that look like they could belong to a toddler :). I cant wait to see more and more Q in you but right now all I want to do is scream "Slow down little one!!"

Love you so much my sweet sweet little man.


No comments:

Post a Comment